Re: [Linux-cluster] Can not establish new cluster 5.3 with luci - quorum error

Host file looks OK, pardon my post for my partial hostname editing didn't quite work as expected since my mouse played a game on me.
We do run Cisco equipment - any pointers on what exactly should I check. I am planning on opening ticket with RH as well.

Xavier - thanks for your suggestion too - will try it.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Jakov Sosic <jakov sosic srce hr> wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:36:26 -0500
Alan A <alan zg gmail com> wrote:

> I have tried almost everything at this point to try and troubleshoot
> this further. I can't create new cluster with luci.
>
> I broke and tried to reconfigure 3 node cluster at least 6 times.
>
> I have noticed nodes taking expectational long on initializing
> fencing upon cman start. I tried with defined and undefined fencing,
> the amount of time needed is still the same. Even after the fencing
> is overcome in /var/log/messages nodes refuse to join cluster due to
> the state of 'not in quorum' during joining process. I uped the
> post_join_delay as much as 150 but the result is the same.
>
> Fencing - I use APC PW Switches - I can login into apc PWS from the
> node, I can even fence the other node, but when cman is started it
> looks like it is almost timign out on staring fencing.
>
> If I issue cman_tool nodes it gives me the local node name as the
> member of the cluster and the other two with state 'X'. If I try
> cman_tool join clustername - it tells me the nodes are already in
> that cluster but cluster as the whole does not register. Each node
> thinks it's the only working member of the cluster.
>

> Any pointers?

Looks like network issue to me.

Are you sure your network is operational in a sense of a multicast /
igmp? Try forcing igmp v1 in sysctl.conf - and if you have Cisco
equipment take a look at openais FAQ (mode sparse-dense).

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |
| start fighting cancer -> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/   |

--
Alan A.