Re: [Linux-cluster] Use alternate network interfaces for heartbeat in RHCS

On 28/08/09 15:24, brem belguebli wrote:
Hi Chrissie,
Are you pointing me to the paragraph "what's the right way to ....eth0 ?"
I've tried this at first adding adding a suffix to the interfaces but
nothing happened. Suffix -p may be hardcoded (I've used -hb)
Here's an outputof my /etc/hosts (identical on both nodes):
10.146.15.184   node1 node1.mydomain
10.146.15.175   node2 node2.mydomain
192.168.84.50   node1-hb
192.168.84.51   node2-hb
Still using bond0 ....
Brem

The suffix isn't hard-coded or anything to do with cman really, it's just a way of distinguishing interfaces.

You need to edit cluster.conf to tell it to use the different name.

If you get despertate then you can always put the IP address in cluster.conf, but the output from cman_tool nodes doesn't look as nice!

Chrissie