Re: [Linux-cluster] Can not establish new cluster 5.3 with luci - quorum error

Jakov Sosic escribió:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:50:11 -0500
Alan A <alan zg gmail com> wrote:

I spoke to our LAN guys and they are saying IGMPv2 should work. I
forced the cluster into version two (you can do the same by
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-3111).
So far no luck, trying version 1.

I spoke to my LAN guys too, but cluster simply cannot work unless
multicast is set to sparse-dense mode on the heartbeat vlan. Force your
guys to set it up like the openais page says - believe me... IGMP is
working, but not in a mode with multiple senders and multiple receivers
- which is one of the RHCS requests.

I went and FORCED my LAN guys to type commands from openais page in
front of me... After that everything worked out as a charm :D

In our case, we have 3Com switches which only understand IGMPv1. Due to version 1 requirements for other applications, I had to use a administrative multicast address (224.0.0.X) and I didn't change any kernel parameters.

Bye