[Linux-cluster] Limiting the number of VMs that start at once

Is there a structure for staggering the starting of resources when failing over to another node? The problem I'm having is that when one node fails and its Xen VMs start on another node in the failover domain, that second node's load is so high it can't respond to tokens or qdisk requests in a timely fashion and it gets fenced.

This is kind of specific to VM resources which have high startup costs so I was going to hack the vm.sh script. Does anyone have a better idea? Would anyone want my hacks when I'm done?

--
Matt Collins
Systems Administrator