[Linux-cluster] GFS2: processes stuck in "just schedule"

Hi All,

After Steve and the RedHat guys dug into my nasty crashdump (thanks all!), I believe I'm down to the last GFS2 problem on our mail cluster, but it's a common one.

I've always had trouble with processes getting stuck on GFS2 access and queuing up. Since the 5.4 upgrade and moving the proper GFS2 kernel module, it's changed but not gone away. Ever few days now, I'm seeing processes getting stuck with WCHAN=just_schedule. Once this starts happening, both cluster nodes will accumulate them rapidly which eventually brings IO to a halt. The only way I've found to escape is via a reboot, sometimes of one, sometimes of both nodes.

Since there's no crash, I don't get any useful debug information. Outside of this one repeating glitch, performance is great and all is well. If anyone can suggest ways of gathering more data about the problem, or possible solutions, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Allen