[Linux-cluster] Adding a new node to rh cluster + GFS2

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 09:03:58 UTC 2009

On 14/12/09 08:49, Arturo Gonzalez Ferrer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm in trouble with adding a new node to an existing cluster of three
> nodes (so I want to have four), because it somehow doesn't let me access
> the cluster infrastructure.
>
> These 3 nodes were set up as http servers, sharing a GFS2 volume
> (physical: vg_cluster, logical: lv_cluster) where data is stored.
>
> I want to set up the new node to access the same GFS2 volume, with the
> idea of exporting the data via NFS, so that a remote backup library can
> be configured to backup nightly the data, by connecting to the new node.
>
> I've tried a lot of things, always getting same kind of errors.
>
> Running "cman_tool status" on any of the 3 nodes i get:
>
> Version: 6.2.0
> Config Version: 70
> Cluster Name: campusvirtual
> Cluster Id: 45794
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Cluster Generation: 1136
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 3
> Expected votes: 4
> Total votes: 3
> Quorum: 3
> Active subsystems: 9
> Flags: Dirty
> Ports Bound: 0 11 177
> Node name: cev01
> Node ID: 2
> Multicast addresses: 239.192.178.149
> Node addresses: 150.214.243.20
>

> while running "cman_tool status" on the new node:
>
> Version: 6.2.0
> Config Version: 70
> Cluster Name: campusvirtual
> Cluster Id: 45794
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Cluster Generation: 1124
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 1

This is the key. The new node can't see the network traffic of the other
three. The most likely explanation for this is iptables blocking the
traffic.

But check other network connections and settings too - It's almost
certainly a network configuration problem. The multicast and node
addresses look fine to me.

Chrissie