Re: [Linux-cluster] more info on fencing

Greetings,

I am not an expert in cluster.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Brett Cave <brettcave gmail com> wrote:
> I am using ilo fencing to reset servers, so this is more power fencing than
> fabric fencing?

Following is my understanding of fencing:

There are three type of fencing (excluding manual):
1. Power fencing -- using IP enabled power strips
2. In-band fencing -- using RSA, ILO, IPMI and the such -- sorta power fencing
3. Storage fencing -- using the SAN fabric Switch

Please correct me if I am wrong

Regards

Rajagopal