[Linux-cluster] Question about openais rrp_mode

Hi,
man openais.conf : rrp_mode
This specifies the mode of redundant ring, which may be none, active, or passive. Active replication offers slightly lower latency from transmit to delivery in faulty network environ- ments but with less performance. Passive replication may nearly double the speed of the totem protocol if the protocol
              doesn't  become  cpu bound.
Not completely clear for me:  does that mean that "active mode" makes it
send the totems systematically on both networks, and "passive mode" makes
it send on the first interface ringnumber (in openais.conf) and only on
the second interface rignnumber if the first is broken ?
Could someone give more precise information ?
or where can I find more information about this ?

And by the way, is there any issue to use to set a first interface ringnumber
on Ethernet (eth0) and a second on IP/Infiniband ?

Thanks for your response.
Alain Moullé