[Linux-cluster] lvcreate hangs always

Diamond Li diamondiona at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 05:45:15 UTC 2009

since 5.3, it should support, at least from release note:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Release_Notes/index.html#id787533
<snip from 5.3 release note>

LVM-based Cluster mirroring
    With this update, the ability to create LVM mirrors in a cluster
environment (i.e. while using CLVM) is now available in Red Hat
Enterprise Linux It provides for simultaneous access from multiple
cluster machines, like when using a cluster-aware file system. This
solution is compatible with existing single-machine mirrors. When
switching a mirrored logical volume between single-machine and
cluster-aware, no resynchronization is necessary.

<snip from 5.3 release note>