[Linux-cluster] Configuration Between Real Servers and GFS Cluster

Diamond Li diamondiona at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 08:32:36 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a test file server environment using the
following architecture:
   layer1: active and standby LVS router
   layer2:  real servers, providing ftp, samba, and http service to end users
   layer3:  GFS servers
   layer4:  iSCSI target servers.

I am planning to use nfs connecting real and GFS servers, and real
servers pvovide ftp, samba, and http services to outside world.

What truly confusing me is the configuration between real servers and
GFS cluster.

There is a reference from redhat, addressing this isse:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Configuration_Example_-_NFS_Over_GFS/index.html

But my concern is: if I use HA solution, for instance I have 5 GFS
servers, but only one of them is serving nfs service. That means 1
server is overloaded, the other are starving in meantime.

Is there any better solutions to make 5 GFS servers provide nfs
service concurrently?

Wish to hear  from words from wisdom!