Re: [Linux-cluster] Configuration Between Real Servers and GFS Cluster

Diamond Li wrote:

But my concern is: if I use HA solution, for instance I have 5 GFS
servers, but only one of them is serving nfs service. That means 1
server is overloaded, the other are starving in meantime.

Is there any better solutions to make 5 GFS servers provide nfs
service concurrently?

There is nothing to stop you from having NFS exports run on all of the nodes simultaneously. Divide up your clients into groups so that each group mounts a different NFS server, and have the floating IP of the NFS servers as a fail-over resource.

There are, however, a lot of potential performance issues you will likely encounter in such a setup (attribute caching on NFS, lock caching on GFS, etc.).

Gordan