[Linux-cluster] Configuration Between Real Servers and GFS Cluster

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Dec 28 08:50:16 UTC 2009

Diamond Li wrote:

> But my concern is: if I use HA solution, for instance I have 5 GFS
> servers, but only one of them is serving nfs service. That means 1
> server is overloaded, the other are starving in meantime.
>
> Is there any better solutions to make 5 GFS servers provide nfs
> service concurrently?

There is nothing to stop you from having NFS exports run on all of the
nodes simultaneously. Divide up your clients into groups so that each
group mounts a different NFS server, and have the floating IP of the NFS
servers as a fail-over resource.

There are, however, a lot of potential performance issues you will
likely encounter in such a setup (attribute caching on NFS, lock caching
on GFS, etc.).

Gordan