Re: [Linux-cluster] Configuration Between Real Servers and GFS Cluster

On 28/12/2009 14:26, Diamond Li wrote:
let's imagine,  in this diagram, client1 and client2 are sending
numerous requests to server1, but in meantime, there is no request
from client3 and client4, that means server1 is overloaded,  server2
is starving. So that is why I say we can't balance workload between3
servers.

That sounds like something you need to deal with on the application level. You can't balance NFS (or CIFS, or any similar system) "per request".

The closest to what you're asking for I can think of is something like WebDAV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV) on the servers, with davfs2 (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/davfs2) on the clients. You could then put a load balancer between the clients and the servers, or use DNS based load balancing to achieve more even load distribution.

Gordan