[Linux-cluster] can not mount GFS, "no such device"

Diamond Li diamondiona at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 06:53:54 UTC 2009

thanks Gordan,  looks like we are in the same timezone, here  is the
command, same as previous one except for using mkfs.gfs2 instead of
gfs_mkfs

 mkfs.gfs2 -t clearcase:gfs -p lock_dlm -j 6 /dev/vg100/lvol0

[root at wplccdlvm445 gfs]# clustat
Cluster Status for clearcase @ Wed Dec 30 14:56:37 2009
Member Status: Quorate

 Member Name                                       ID   Status
 wplccdlvm445.cn.ibm.com                               1 Online, Local
 wplccdlvm446.cn.ibm.com                               2 Online