Re: [Linux-cluster] FailOver Domains not working properly

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Marcos David <marcos david efacec pt> wrote:
Hi,
I have a 4 node cluster using RHEL 5.3.

I have 4 services which I want to spread trough the servers so I can
have some load-balancing.
Each server should run one of the services when they are enabled, but
what is happening is that the services always start on the node from
which I enabled them.

My configuration is this:

FailOverDomain1 -> includes node1 only, unrestricted, unordered
FailOverDomain2 -> includes node2 only, unrestricted, unordered
FailOverDomain3 -> includes node3 only, unrestricted, unordered
FailOverDomain4 -> includes node4 only, unrestricted, unordered
Hi Marcos,

From the Red Hat documentation:

A failover domain is a named subset of cluster members that are eligible to run a cluster service in the event of a system failure. A failover domain can have the following characteristics:

By default, failover domains are unrestricted and unordered.

Configure them as restricted

Greetings,

Juanra

service1 is allocated to FailOverDomain1
service2 is allocated to FailOverDomain2
service3 is allocated to FailOverDomain3
service4 is allocated to FailOverDomain4

when I execute:
clusvcadm -e service1
clusvcadm -e service2
clusvcadm -e service3
clusvcadm -e service4

all the services start on the same node (the one where I executed the
above commands)

Shouldn't they start on the node in their respective failover domain?
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.