RE: [Linux-cluster] How to avoid two-nodes cluster split-brain withoutshared storage

We faced the same question, and decided that for reliability, it was
best to add an inexpensive third node to a cluster.

The third node need not run any cluster services (rgmanager, GFS, CLVM
etc.) other than fencing.  This is a far lower cost than adding shared
storage simply for a quorum disk.