Da: xen-users-bounces lists xensource com [mailto:xen-users-bounces lists xensource com] Per conto di Antoine Benkemoun
Inviato: mercoledì 11 febbraio 2009 15.54
A: xen-users lists xensource com
Oggetto: [Xen-users] Storage questions

Hello,

I am looking to set up a Xen array of servers and I don't really know how to set up the storage subsystem.

I have been looking for a little while and two options stand out for my setup. The problem is rather simple, I need a pool of servers to access a shared storage ressource.

The first option is the easiest, NFS.

The second option is a little more complex in appearance. I won't be able to have enough budget to buy a SAN so that is out of the question. What I could do is have a storage server with a bunch of disks. I would GNBD (or some other Network Block Driver) coupled with GFS. I am pretty new to these two concepts. I know that GNBD cannot be used alone if I want more then a single server to access the storage space.

What is more interesting with performance in mind ?

Thank you in advance for your input,

Antoine Benkemoun