Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: Fencing test

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju rajsand gmail com> wrote:
> Greetings,

Thanks for following me up with your replies. I really appreciate this.

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> Pulled the heartbeat network cable from node1. Nothing happens. BUT
>> when i plug the cable back , then node1 restarted. What am i misssing
>> here.
>
> The Heartbeat network cable should be out for at least 20-30 seconds.

Yes waited more then 20-30 seconds (around 2,3 minutes). Didn;t
reboot. But as I said when I pushed the cable back to network port
then it reboots.

> If you have connected the data and heartbeat cable or in the same
> switch, you may need to pull out both.

Each of my nodes have one network interface card. So my heartbeat and
data cable is same and only one  if I understand you correctly.

> Incidently, you will have to enable multicasting for the heartbeat
> network in the switch if it is managed switch and assign a seperate
> VLAN for it. There have been cases in recent past where some of the
> switches

Here I am using 4 nodes.

Node 1) That runs luci
Node 2) This is my iscsi shared storage where my virutal machine(s) resides
Node 3) First node in my two node cluster
Node 4) Second node in my two node cluster

All of them are connected simply to an unmanaged 16 port switch.

>> Also I don't see any thing interesting in /var/log/messages in
>> node1 after i disconnect the cable.
>
> Have you checked node2?

Nothing in node2 log as well