Re: [Linux-cluster] cman-2.0.95-1.el5 / question about a problem when launching cman

Hi,

Thanks for your response Marc. It seems that we are the only ones facing this
problem ... ?
I saw in changelog a fix :
- A dirty node is now prevented from joining the cman cluster.
It could be related to our problem ... because when launching cman
on the second node, the node is labeled as "dirty" ...
So could someone explain which are all the possible causes which
could flagged a node as "dirty" and lead to our problem ?

PS: note that this problem does not happen on RHEL 5.2 with cman 2-0-73-1

Thanks
Regards,
Alain

Hi,
I'm having "exactly" the same problem with some clusters (Version:
cman-2.0.84-2.el5_2.2,..)

Is it so that if you reboot the node that was killed, it will rejoin the
cluster without being killed? And does it only happen if you start the whole
cluster from scratch?

I didn't figure out the whole picture behind it but I think it is related to
IGMP,openais and cman. At least it fells like the same behaviour I'm
experiencing.

Somehow it seems to be related to the networkswitches and IGMP Version being
used (I don't have it on all RHEL5 clusters but on the majority running
RHEl5U2+). I'm still investigating on this issue.

Strange thing.

Marc.