Re: [Linux-cluster] Fields of the cman_tool status

Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following is output of my cman_tool status -
>
> Protocol version: 5.0.1
> Config version: 40
> Cluster name: cluster1
> Cluster ID: 39377
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 2
> Expected_votes: 1
> Total_votes: 2
> Quorum: 1
> Active subsystems: 4
> Node name: node1
> Node addresses: <IP Address of the node>
>
> Can anyone please explain me what the fields "Protocol version" and
> "Config version" mean?

Hiya

Protocol Version: is the version number of the communications protocol
used by cman over openais. It doesn't change much! You might see 5.2.0
on some later systems.

Config Version is the version number taken from cluster.conf.

Hope this helps,

Chrissie