Re: [Linux-cluster] Fields of the cman_tool status

Ok. Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have another question - Is there any way in which "using the Command Line Interface" we can find the version of the Cluster Suite which has been installed?

Thanks a lot again.

Regards,
Chaitanya

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Chrissie Caulfield <ccaulfie redhat com> wrote:
Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following is output of my cman_tool status -
>
> Protocol version: 5.0.1
> Config version: 40
> Cluster name: cluster1
> Cluster ID: 39377
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 2
> Expected_votes: 1
> Total_votes: 2
> Quorum: 1
> Active subsystems: 4
> Node name: node1
> Node addresses: <IP Address of the node>
>
> Can anyone please explain me what the fields "Protocol version" and
> "Config version" mean?

Hiya

Protocol Version: is the version number of the communications protocol
used by cman over openais. It doesn't change much! You might see 5.2.0
on some later systems.

Config Version is the version number taken from cluster.conf.

Hope this helps,

Chrissie