[Linux-cluster] Fields of the cman_tool status

Chrissie Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 10:52:16 UTC 2009

Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> Ok. Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> I have another question - Is there any way in which "using the Command
> Line Interface" we can find the version of the Cluster Suite which has
> been installed?

It really depends on how much detail you need. Cluster Suite is .. well,
it's a suite! All the components have their own version numbers.

So, using rpm is the best way really.

That's not the answer you wanted I suspect, but it's the most reliable
way of determining just which versions of everything you have.

Chrissie

> Thanks a lot again.
>
> Regards,
> Chaitanya
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Chrissie Caulfield <ccaulfie at redhat.com
> <mailto:ccaulfie at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Following is output of my cman_tool status -
>     >
>     > Protocol version: 5.0.1
>     > Config version: 40
>     > Cluster name: cluster1
>     > Cluster ID: 39377
>     > Cluster Member: Yes
>     > Membership state: Cluster-Member
>     > Nodes: 2
>     > Expected_votes: 1
>     > Total_votes: 2
>     > Quorum: 1
>     > Active subsystems: 4
>     > Node name: node1
>     > Node addresses: <IP Address of the node>
>     >
>     > Can anyone please explain me what the fields "Protocol version" and
>     > "Config version" mean?
>     >
>     >
>     Hiya
>
>     Protocol Version: is the version number of the communications protocol
>     used by cman over openais. It doesn't change much! You might see 5.2.0
>     on some later systems.
>
>     Config Version is the version number taken from cluster.conf.
>
>     Hope this helps,
>
>     Chrissie
>
>     --

Chrissie