[Linux-cluster] Create Logical Volume

Cluster Management cluster at xinet.it
Wed Jan 14 18:29:23 UTC 2009

Hi all,

i have a two_node cluster RHEL 5 and an external ISCSI storage. I use XEN
for virtualizzation purpose. When i create a new LUN in my storage i use
hot_add command to discover it from nodes.

The problem is that i have to restart clvmd to be able to create a new
Logical Volume. This operation is very critical because i have to stop or
migrate each VM running on the node ed i have to umout their own LUN.

Is there a way to update clvmd without restarting?

Thanks a lot,

--

Francesco Gallo

XiNet S.r.L.