[Linux-cluster] Virtual storage

Hello

I have a 2 node cluster running 2 virtual machines.  Each machine has additional storage mounted to it for data storage.  I recently tried to resize the mounted storage.   I added more disks using vgextend and expanded the logical volumes using lvextend.  How do I get the virtual server to see that the size has changed without restarting it?  If I restart the virtual server, it sees the new size just fine and am able to extend the fs online.  Just wondering if it can all be done without a virtual server restart.

Thanks

Gary