[Linux-cluster] Two-node clusters in split-sites

Hell, Robert Robert.Hell at fabasoft.com
Fri Jan 23 10:51:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

we are planning to run two-node clusters (for database and
file-services) with cluster nodes in different sites with a fast, but
sometimes unreliable network connection. Data should be replicated with
DRBD between the cluster nodes/sites (no shared storage).

I'm specially afraid of split brain here. In this scenario fencing
depends on the (unreliable) network connection between the two sites -
in my opinion fencing is unreliable and not possible in this scenario.

What would be the best way to run such a cluster?

Regards,

Robert