[Linux-cluster] Two-node clusters in split-sites

Hi,

we are planning to run two-node clusters (for database and file-services) with cluster nodes in different sites with a fast, but sometimes unreliable network connection. Data should be replicated with DRBD between the cluster nodes/sites (no shared storage).

I’m specially afraid of split brain here. In this scenario fencing depends on the (unreliable) network connection between the two sites – in my opinion fencing is unreliable and not possible in this scenario.

What would be the best way to run such a cluster?

Regards,

Robert