Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS2 with IMAP Maildir server

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:

Sounds like you are running into the same bug that I ran into with GFS2 on a similar setup nearly 2 years ago, except I could produce a lock-up in under 2 seconds every time. Solution is to use GFS1 if you really want to stick with that setup, but bear in mind that, regardless of the cluster file system (GFS1, GFS2, OCFS2) the performance will scale _inversely_. Cluster file systems really don't work well with millions of small files.

Isn't Maildir designed to work reliably with NFS? Do you really need a cluster file system?