[Linux-cluster] RHCS with GFS2 on centos 5.3

Juan Ramon Martin Blanco robejrm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:17:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Murugan P <muruganlnx at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed the OS(centos 5.3) with cluster software and after
> installation i can able to see
>
> [root at testgfs ~]# rpm -qa | grep cman
> cman-2.0.98-1.el5
>
> **********
>
> My question is, while selecting the software at the installation time i
> don't find the CMAN packages using F2 on the software
> clusters/clusterStorage & base.

Those are "groups" (sorry for the spanish):
 # yum groupinfo "Clustering"
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
Setting up Group Process

Group: Agrupamiento (clustering)
 Default Packages:
   Cluster_Administration-en-US
   cluster-cim
   cluster-snmp
   clustermon
   conga-devel
   ipvsadm
   luci
   modcluster
   piranha
   rgmanager
   ricci
   ricci-modcluster
   system-config-cluster

#yum groupinfo "Cluster Storage"
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
Setting up Group Process

Group: Almacenamiento del Cluster
cluster.
   Global_File_System-en-US
   gfs
   gfs-utils
   gnbd
   kmod-gfs
   kmod-gfs-kdump
   kmod-gnbd
   kmod-gnbd-kdump
   lvm2-cluster
 Optional Packages:
   kmod-gfs-PAE
   kmod-gfs-xen
   kmod-gnbd-PAE
   kmod-gnbd-xen

cman package is not in any group, but probably its installation was
triggered when you selected some of the groups above

> Kindly clarify friends , how to know that which software is having the CMAN
> packages since i haven't seen the same in clustering/ClusterStorage.

I think I don't understand you...
There are no CMAN packages, just one cman package.
In your installation process you should select the cman and rgmanager
packages, but they aren't in any group.

Regards,
Juanra