From: "Paras pradhan" <pradhanparas gmail com>
To: linux-poweredge lists us dell com, "linux clustering" <linux-cluster redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:04:38 PM GMT -03:00 Brasilia
Subject: [Linux-cluster] DRAC 4

hi,

I am using centos 5.3 in dell poweredge 1850 servers . Drac is 4/i.  I
am working on to create a cluster using 3 poweredge nodes and I am in
need to use DRAC as fencing device.

While testing fencing using fence_drac it complains me as:

root tst1 ~]# fence_drac -a 10.10.10.2 -l user -p calvin
failed: telnet open failed: problem connecting to "10.10.10.2", port
23: Connection refused

I tried to enable telnet using racadm but got the following error.

[root tst1 ~]# racadm config -g cfgSerial -o cfgSerialSshEnable 1
ERROR: RACADM is unable to process the requested subcommand because there is no
local RAC configuration to communicate with.

Local RACADM subcommand execution requires the following:

 1. A Remote Access Controller (RAC) must be present on the managed server
 2. Appropriate managed node software must be installed and running on the
    server

I am really stuck here. Any one having the similar problem?

Thanks
Paras.