Re: [Linux-cluster] CLVMD without GFS

On 07/21/2009 01:11 PM, brem belguebli wrote:
Hi,
When creating the VG by default clustered, you implicitely assume that
it will be used with a clustered FS on top of it (gfs, ocfs, etc...)
that will handle the active/active mode.
As I do not intend to use GFS in this particular case, but ext3 and raw
devices, I need to make sure the vg is exclusively activated on one
node, preventing the other nodes to access it unless it is the failover
procedure (node holding the VG crashed) and then re activate it
exclusively on the failover node.
Thanks

In that case you probably ought to be using rgmanager to do the failover for you. It has a script for doing exactly this :-)

Chrissie