[Linux-cluster] CLVMD without GFS

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:40:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

That's what I 'm trying to do.

If you mean lvm.sh, well, I've been playing with it, but it does some
"sanity" checks that are wierd

   1. It expects HA LVM to be setup (why such check if we want to use CLVM).
   2. it exits if it finds a CLVM VG  (kind of funny !)
   3. it exits if the lvm.conf is newer than /boot/*.img (about this one, we
   tend to prevent the cluster from automatically starting ...)

I was looking to find some doc on how to write my own resources, ie CLVM
resource that checks if the vg is clustered, if so by which node is it
exclusively held, and if the node is down to activate exclusively the VG.

If you have some good links to provide me, that'll be great.

Thanks