[Linux-cluster] redhat cluster - veritas

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:40:40 UTC 2009

Hello Konrad,

LVM mirroring has some stuff to be aware of before using it in production:

1) till now, no live extension, you need to break the mirror before growing
it
2) the mirror metadata has to reside on a 3rd disk if you do not want to
resynchronise entirely your mirror at boot time, if it is not a problem for
you, you can put the metadata in memory (lost at reboot)

I'm not sure anyone has already experienced VX storage foundation on top of
RHCS, I'm ready to bet you would be the first.