Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: determining fsid for fs resource

Terry wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Terry<td3201 gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

When I create a fs resource using redhat's luci, it is able to find
the fsid for a fs and life is good.  However, I am not crazy about
luci and would prefer to manually create the resources from the
command line but how do I find the fsid for a filesystem?  Here's an
example of a fs resource created using luci:

<fs device="/dev/vg_data01i/lv_data01i" force_fsck="0"
force_unmount="1" fsid="49256" fstype="ext3" mountpoint="/data01i"
name="omadvnfs01-data01i"
options="noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback,commit=30" self_fence="0"/>

Thanks!

Anyone have an idea for this?

IIRC, you basically have to make up the key (fsid) by yourself. Just pick any number (integer) that is less then 2**32 - but make sure it is unique per-filesystem-per-export while NFS service is up and running. That is, if you plan to export the same filesystem via two export entries (or say, export two different directories from the very same filesystem) , you need two fsids. If you have x exports (regardless they are from the same filesystem or different filessytems) at the same time, you would need x fsid(s). This is mostly to do with NFS export (internally represented by an unsigned integer) - don't confuse it with filesystem id (that is obtained via stat system call family).

-- Wendy