[Linux-cluster] quickie GFS with lock_nolock question

we have a funky custom application that doesnt seem to like
reading/writing to the shared GFS filesystem we have on our 2node
cluster. someone at the vendor suggested just having the main node mount
the GFS filesystem with "lock_nolock" to see if that would fix the problem.
What is the correct way to go through the motions to do this? because
currently they both mount up the gfs partition and I believe its a
dependency for the other services. feel free to direct me to the right
FM to RTFM.

Jason