[Linux-cluster] Configuring multiple instances of Tomcat in RHCS

Sumathi Kuppusamy sendtosumathi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:47:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am investigatong on Tomcat Resource Agent on RHCS.
RedHat cluster suite Tomcat Resource Agent supports multiple instances of
Tomcat?

I could see that the Tomcat service is started by the script like,
"org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start" and not by "catalina.sh
start".
So not sure which isntance of Tomcat it will be starting.

And when we try to configure Tomcat RA in RHCS, the configuration file is
taken by default as /usr/share/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf. Incase of multiple
tomcat instances, how do we maintain different tomcat config files and
startup scripts.
I am not clear on the supporting multiple instances of Tomcat in RHCS.
Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Sumathi