[Linux-cluster] Networking guidelines for RHCS across datacenters

I'm in the process of doing a concept review with the redhat cluster suite. I've been given a requirement that cluster nodes are able to be located in geographically separated data centers. I realize that this is not an ideal scenario due to latency issues. Does anyone have any papers or articles you could point me to that outline cluster network requirements and best practices?