[Linux-cluster] question about 2 nodes cluster

Hi all,

I have one  existential question about two nodes cluster. I have read that for 2 nodes cluster is necessary a third element to give stabilty to the cluster.

One way is to add a third node, so its not a 2 nodes cluster. For me its not an answer because It becomes another kind of cluster ( 3 nodes cluster)

Other, is to use qdisk (this is the way I´m trying nowadays)

My question is if it´s absollutely necesary this third element in the architecture. and If so which are the options, ?

thanks in advance

ESG