RE: [Linux-cluster] using lacie ethernet disk raid as shared storage

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:40:51 -0400, Jeff Sturm <jeff sturm eprize com>
wrote:

>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:15:56 +0200, ESGLinux <esggrupos gmail com>
wrote:
>> > ok, I´m always afraid with data corruption and thougth I will have
>> > problems with this, but If you think that there is not problem I´ll
>> > folow your advice ( at my own risk of course, ;-)
>>
>> NFS is designed for concurrent access, it shouldn't cause corruption.
And
>> anyway, your apache web data is likely to be read-only in most cases
>> anyway. Don't put things like database files into shared access areas,
>> though - that generally won't work, and even when it does, performance
>> will
>> be appalling.
>
> Or if you still want the redundancy of RHCS and go the DRBD route, you
can
> always use the shared device for backups.  (That's the ONLY thing I use
NFS
> for these days.)

Don't underestimate NFS performance for heavily concurrent I/O with a
significant write load on lots of small file from multiple nodes. There are
things for which NFS is a better solution.

Gordan