[Linux-cluster] erk, cant add journals

Brett Cave brettcave at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:57:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Brett Cave <brettcave at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Bob Peterson <rpeterso at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Brett,
>>
>> What "error about not enough space" did you get?  The gfs_jadd
>> function adds more journals, not more space.  If you want more
>> space, you need to run gfs_grow (with the file system mounted).
>

> Sorry, bad terminology on my side, i am still trying to add more journals
> and am getting an error about insufficient blocks:
>

> # gfs_jadd -j 2 /gfs/cache1
>
> Requested size  (65536 blocks) greater than available space (2 blocks)
>
> This is after rebooting all the nodes after resizing the partition

I ran the fdisk  after resizing but before rebooting, so the device
(/dev/sdc) was the same size.

Just got it working on the other partition (took it nice and slow, and shut
down all the servers except for 1 and then worked of that that :p

On a side note... would standard LVM2 on the SAN probably be a better idea
that accessing the raw devices directly... at least it would save on reboots
perhaps? what sort of performance impact might this have?