[Linux-cluster] RHEL cluster 5 fencing problem

Hi list,

I am testing RHEL 5 cluster for production (two-node cluster). So far, so good :) I simulated network outage and fencing works just fine here. But there is a problem. When I simulate power outage - literally I pull the plug from one of the nodes - in that moment, the node that is still alive tries to fence the node that is powered down.. and it tries, and it tries but it can't do that because the node that is powered down is powered down :) The living node cannot acquire cluster resources until it fences the dead node (which is powered down) and those retries go to infinity.

I was told to use tie breaker IP address to solve this. But as I understand this (thread "[Linux-cluster] two node cluster with IP tiebreaker failed"), I have to use quorum disk to do that - or better to say to use heuristics with ping, for example). Do I really have to use quorum disk for this case? Is there some other solution?

I would appreciate any hint!

Thanks in advance,

Branimir