[Linux-cluster] Update cluster.conf in Fedora 10

Doug Bunger dougbunger at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 15:34:16 UTC 2009

I'm having trouble making the cluster aware of changes in Fedora 10 (x86_64).  The setup has three VMs accessing a shared, attached partition, formatted as GFS.    When modifying the cluster.conf and incrementing version number, I have to boot the nodes.  I've found some online resources that say use cman_tool and others that say use ccs_tool.  What is the correct commanf for Fedora 10?

 # cman_tool nodes
 Node Sts Inc Joined Name
 2 M 172 2009-03-04 08:39:52 gfs2
 3 M 172 2009-03-04 08:39:52 gfs3
 4 M 160 2009-03-04 08:39:52 gfs4
 # head -2 /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
 <?xml version="1.0" ?>
 <cluster config_version="9" name="clust">
 # cman_tool version
 6.1.0 config 9
 # vi /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
 # head -2 /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
 <?xml version="1.0" ?>
 <cluster config_version="10" name="clust">
 # cman_tool version -r 10
 # cman_tool version
 6.1.0 config 9
 # ccs_tool update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
 Unknown command, update
 Try 'ccs_tool help' for help

Thanks.