[Linux-cluster] Adding a new fence agent

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:30:10 UTC 2009

I have a c7000 too with two test blades I'm going to install.
I'm available to test it if you like.
My planned OS will be RedHat EL 5 U3 x86_64 with its clustersuite
Blades will be 2 x  BL685c G1 serving Oracle 10gR2
At this moment the fw version  of the c7000 is 2.25, while iLo fw is 1.60

One question: I see that on standard blade fence agent (that is for
IBM enclosures) you can issue a command such as "power off blade
number 3".
I imagine the same on this c7000 fence agent, correct?
In this case can we say that commands on c7000 (onboard admin I
presume) bypasses the iLO of the blades or not? So are they
effectively an alternative to iLO commands if for example the iLo is
broken, or not?

One other thing. Probably you reported the cluster.conf xml layout
only as an example, because at this moment the c7000 fence agent would
try to do its work only if the iLO agent fails, so you have to invert
their order inside the <clusternode> sections

bye,
Gianluca