[Linux-cluster] hardware watchdog timer

Hi all,

I am trying to setup the software "watchdog" daemon on a Proliant 585 G1 x86_64 clustered host to reset a node incase of hang.

The man page says that the watchdog daemon can be used to use either a software WDT or a hardware based WDT. I intend to use the system's hardware based WDT (because of its reliability)

The questions I have is :

1. How do I determine the system's hardware WDT present on the host, if present ?

2. How do I configure the watchdog daemon to use the identfied hardware WDT?

Regards,
Rajeev