[Linux-cluster] fence device LOM

Emrys Ingersoll emrys at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 10 17:16:35 UTC 2009

I have a two-node CentOS 5.2 cluster running on Sun X4100 M2s which I
assume use a similar, if not identical, Service Processor.  I am
successfully using IPMI for fencing, here's a snippet of my cluster.conf
with the relevant info:

<clusternodes>
  <clusternode name="xen0.xen" nodeid="1" votes="1">
    <fence>
      <method name="1">
        <device lanplus="1" name="xen0-sp_IPMI"/ >
      </method>
    </fence>
  </clusternode>
  <clusternode name="xen1.xen" nodeid="2" votes="1">
    <fence>
      <method name="1">
        <device lanplus="1" name="xen1-sp_IPMI"/ >
      </method>
    </fence>
  </clusternode>
</clusternodes>
<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
<fencedevices>
  <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" login="xxxx" name="xen0-sp_IPMI" passwd="xxxxxx"/>
  <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" login="xxxx" name="xen1-sp_IPMI" passwd="xxxxxx"/>
</fencedevices>

Good luck,

Emrys