Re: [Linux-cluster] Problems with cluster (fencing?)

2009/3/19 <Harri Paivaniemi tieto com>

""Also, if I shut down both nodes and start just one of them, the starting node still waits in the "starting fencing" part many minutes even though the cluster should be quorate (there's a quorum disk)!
""

I had a similar situation and the reason why the first node couldn't get up alone was, that cman was starting before qdiskd and so it didn't see quorum disk votes and was not quorate at the moment. I changed those (boot order) vice-versa and immediately node boots up ok and is up'n running...

That does make sense. Do you know if there's a reason for cman to start before qdisk or is it just a bug? Any Red Hat developers looking at this thread?

Regards

Mikko