[Linux-cluster] Problems with cluster (fencing?)

H.Päiväniemi harri.paivaniemi at tieto.com
Thu Mar 19 07:45:31 UTC 2009

I made a support query to official RH support for that,

but they just couldn't understand what I was saying and after all they
said "it's normal" ;)

To my mind it was a bug... but this was what RH support answered:

" The problem with starting a cluster with one node and qdisk is that there
needs to be an established cluster before the quorum disk can be added to the
cluster. So if you would like to start the cluster as a single node that is a
special configuration which has to be considered...and if you would like to
drop a node for maintenance then you need to configure the cluster as a 3
node cluster with the third node consisting of the qdisk."

-hjp