[Linux-cluster] Fence Device Question

Marek 'marx' Grác mgrac at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 12:44:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

Jon Erickson wrote:
> All,
>
> I currently use the fence_mcdata script (with slight mod) to provide
> fencing to my DS-4700M switch.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1.  The username and password are stored plain text within the
> cluster.conf file.  Is there a way to make this more secure?
> (password script?)

fence_mcdata has:
   -S <path>        Script to run to retrieve login password
> 2.  fence_mcdata works by making a telnet connection to my switch,
> this is also plain text.  I know the switch can support SSH.  Does
> anyone have any expirence using SSH to log into a switch to block
> ports?  Is there a fence_mcdata_ssh script :).

There is not and I do not have access to this device, but I can rewrite
old perl code to our fencing library + python, where ssh will work. But
I will need you to test it. Please let me know off-list if you are
interested.

m,