[Linux-cluster] Freeze with cluster-2.03.11

Wendy Cheng s.wendy.cheng at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:51:06 UTC 2009

... [snip] ...
> Sigh. The pressure is mounting to
> fix the cluster at any cost, and nothing remained but to downgrade to
> cluster-2.01.00/openais-0.80.3 which would be just ridiculous.

I have doubts that GFS (i.e. GFS1) is tuned and well-maintained on newer
versions of RHCS (as well as 2.6 based kernels). My impression is that
GFS1 is supposed to be phased out starting from RHEL 5. So if you are
running with GFS1, why downgrading RHCS is ridiculous ?

Should GFS2 be recommended ? Did you open a Red Hat support ticket ?
Linux is free but Red Hat engineers still need to eat like any other
human being.

I have *not* looked at RHCS for more than a year now - so my impression
(and opinion) may not be correct.

-- Wendy