[Linux-cluster] Can same cluster name in same subnet?

Vu Pham vu at sivell.com
Tue Mar 31 06:10:20 UTC 2009

Chen Ming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I setup two cluster in same subnet, using the same name, it seems the
> later cluster can not startup. I try to start cman but failed. My
> environment is RHEL 5.3.
>
> My question: Is it possible to use the same cluster name in same subnet?

 From the man page of cman
-----------------
Cluster ID
        The  cluster  ID number is used to isolate clusters in the same
subnet.
        Usually it is generated from a hash of the cluster name, but it
can  be
        overridden  here if you feel the need. Sometimes cluster names
can hash
        to the same ID.

          <cman cluster_id="669">
          </cman>

So I think you either have to use different names or to explicitly
specify different cluster_id.

But why do you have to have the same cluster name in the first place ?

Vu