Re: [Linux-cluster] ipvs/ipvsadm

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Sam Wun wrote:

I used the following commands setup a loadbalancer, however, it doesn't work.

ipvsadm -A -t -s wlc -p
ipvsadm -a -t -r -i -w 3

Here is the IP configuration:
eth0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
       ether 00:13:20:65:ad:bd
       inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
       inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
       status: active

If I remove the ipvsadm setup with "ipvsadm -C", ssh into works for host.

With the above ipvadm rules in-placed,
I can't ssh thru and ipvsadm shown:
# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
 -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP wlc persistent 360
 ->            Tunnel  3      0          1

What is the correct steps to setup ipvs and use ipvsadm?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Your ipvsadm output shows you using tunneling .. if you drop the "-i" in your second ipvsadm statement you will be using gatewaying, which is what I would expect you are looking for? Past that you will need to block arps, bind your address to localhost, etc as one would do for gatewaying.