Re: [Linux-cluster] STABLE3: Cannot mount gfs, "no such device"

----- "David Merhar" <merhar arlut utexas edu> wrote:
| Everything seems perfect until we try to mount.  lvdisplay shows the
|
| volume.  mkfs.gfs2 runs fine.  The device is visible under both /dev
|
| and /dev/mapper
|
| Cluster 3.0.0rc2
| Corosync .97
| OpenAIS .96
| LVMS 2.02.47
| Kernel 2.6.29.4
|
| Please advise.
|
| Thanks.
|
| djm

Hi David,

Usually this means, for whatever reason, that you don't have
one (or more) of these kernel modules loaded:

gfs2.ko, lock_dlm.ko, dlm.ko

So check lsmod to see if they're there.  If not, you'll have
to get them, and getting them depends on your platform, which
you didn't mention.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS