Re: [Linux-cluster] STABLE3: Cannot mount gfs, "no such device"

RHEL5U3.

I assumed that the dlm_lock would be built and installed with Cluster 3.0.0rc2, so I built the cluster without the gfs/cluster modules.

When I modprobe gfs, dmesg reports that Lock_DLM has been installed (along with GFS and Lock_NoLock), however lsmod did not show a lock_dlm. I could not find lock_dlm.ko on the systems. lsmod did show dlm and gfs was loaded.

Please let me know where I can get the necessary modules.

Thanks.

djm

On May 28, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Bob Peterson wrote:

----- "David Merhar" <merhar arlut utexas edu> wrote:
| Everything seems perfect until we try to mount.  lvdisplay shows the
|
| volume.  mkfs.gfs2 runs fine.  The device is visible under both /dev
|
| and /dev/mapper
|
| Cluster 3.0.0rc2
| Corosync .97
| OpenAIS .96
| LVMS 2.02.47
| Kernel 2.6.29.4
|
| Please advise.
|
| Thanks.
|
| djm

Hi David,

Usually this means, for whatever reason, that you don't have
one (or more) of these kernel modules loaded:

gfs2.ko, lock_dlm.ko, dlm.ko

So check lsmod to see if they're there.  If not, you'll have
to get them, and getting them depends on your platform, which
you didn't mention.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS